Sunday, September 26, 2010

Life Takes You Places


     Look at this mountain valley. I want to be in this valley by this time next year. I want to breathe in the cold, crisp, CLEAN air. Look out over the tiny valley as I backpack my way to my next destination. For a couple of years, now, I've been planning a backpacking trip through Europe. Currently, I'm a freshman in college, and I want to have this experience before I'm done. I don't know what I'll be doing after I graduate. What if I'm too busy with work, or internships? It's impossible to tell what the future holds, so I need to seize the moment, carpe diem, and get there as soon as possible. I have a basic itinerary planned, and I know that it'll cost me upwards of $5,000 to get there, back, and pay for room and board and food. With my family's military benefits, I get a nice, fat stipend each month, so if I save it, I'll be able to afford it. But who will I travel with? A couple of friends have committed to the trip, but if something happens, I'm just as thrilled and simultaneously terrified at the thought of making the expedition on my own. Anyways, here's a couple of pictures from my research of places I'll Be visiting.

Dublin
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

London
London Pictures, Images and Photos

Vatican City
vatican city Pictures, Images and Photos

Paris
Paris Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment